JOSIAH MEDIA FESTIVAL GUIDELINES-
Who Can Submit –
The Josiah Media Festival is open to filmmakers 21 years old or younger around the world! Filmmakers must have been born on or after June 1, 1996 or must have been 21 years old or younger at the time the submitted film was made. All key contributors on the submitted film – director, writer, editor, director of photography – must have been 21 years old or younger at the time the submitted film was made (this does not include actors, producers, or any other crew members not listed above).
Film Submission Requirements –
- Films MUST be submitted as High-Definition (720p) .AVI, .MOV, .MPG, or .MP4 files on a Data-DVD, Data Blu-Ray, USB flash-drive or through a file transfer service (FilmFreeway, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.). Please note that playable-DVDs are NOT acceptable.
- All submitted files MUST be PC-compatible; do not use Mac-proprietary codecs or file formats.
- All submitted files MUST be under 3-gigabytes in size; please compress all files larger than 3GB.
- Filmmakers will be asked to resubmit their film if the submitted file’s resolution is too low.
- SD files are acceptable ONLY if the submitted work was filmed in Standard-Definition (480i).
- Films must not exceed 20 minutes total-run-time (TRT includes all credit sequences within the film).
- All music and other copyright material within the submitted film must be used with permission of the composers and/or copyright holders.
- All films MUST use a Stereo audio format/mix – no 3.1, 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound mixes allowed
- All films submitted must have been completed within two years of the June 1, 2015 submission deadline.
- All film submissions MUST be accompanied with a completed Entry Form AND a signed Filmmaker’s Release Form.
- Filmmakers that are accepted into the festival will be asked to provide a picture of themselves (head shot, selfie, self portrait, etc.) that will be shown before the start of their film during the festival screenings.
Entry Form Submission Requirements –
Submission deadline is June 1, 2017 and, if mailed, must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2017. Submit entry forms via mail or delivery to Josiah Media Festival, 2500 S Presa, San Antonio, TX 78210. Filmmakers can submit as many films as they choose, but each film must be accompanied with a unique Entry & Release Form. If mailed, films should be submitted as high-definition digital files on a thumb drive or Data-DVD – Playable DVDs are NOT acceptable.
Films can be entered digitally via FilmFreeway, Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, YouSendIt, etc. If you are interested in submitting part or all of your festival materials digitally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the online submission process.
Please write LEGIBLY and fill in ALL applicable areas of the Entry Form and the Filmmaker’s Release Form; all requested information is necessary for submission and must be provided.
Primary festival correspondence will be exchanged through the email address provided in the Entry Form. Each filmmaker MUST provide their own current email address and check regularly for festival updates and awards announcements. Faculty/Mentor email is not solely sufficient; please note that filmmakers may not be eligible for prizes if they do not provide their own email address.
San Antonio native and Say Si student Alejandro Pena’s film, “R/B/G”, took 1st-place Experimental in the 2014 Josiah Media Festival!
Film Categories –
The Josiah Media Festival accepts films into the Narrative, Documentary, Animation, and Experimental categories for competition. Films will compete within each category for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd-place awards. The first-place winners in each of the four categories will also compete for the “Best-of-Show” award: the top honor of the festival that awards an additional $250 prize to the winning filmmaker!
If the submitting filmmaker is unsure of the category in which to submit their film, the Josiah Media Festival Committee will assign it to the most suitable category. The Josiah Media Festival Committee also reserves the right to reassign the category of any submitted film if they deem fit.
Please Note –
The URBAN-15 Group reserves the right to use still-images and/or video from the submitted films for publicity, promotional purposes, or future events. All submitting filmmakers and their film crew will receive FREE admission to the Josiah Media Festival; passes can be picked up at the door!
For more information on the Josiah Media Festival, email email@example.com or call the URBAN-15 Studio at (210) 736-1500.
The Josiah Media Festival is supported, in part, by the American Cinematographer International Journal of Motion Imaging and Videomaker Magazine.